We're growing and are looking to add new members to our fabulous team!
At SJA Promo, we really believe in building relationships with our customers to help them find the best promotional products for their needs. With thousands of products and hundreds of suppliers, we can find the right branded product for every project! Our showroom has thousands of samples and for those who prefer to work digitally, our searchable website, curated online showrooms and other great tools help make PROMO purchasing easy!
Just as important as our service to our customers is our service to our community. We are a proud supporter of community events and have partnered with many non-profit organizations to run online fundraising stores and other projects.
Come grow with us in a Embroidery Team Member role!
As an Embroidery Team Member, you’re a big part of what makes us stand out! We are known for the quality of our embroidery and need team members with those same high standards to join our embroidery team. You will operate the embroidery machines to embroider logos, names and other designs on a variety of items including hats, clothing, bags and blankets.
After ensuring you have reviewed and understand the project specifications provided to you by our Promotional Consultants, you select the thread, fabric, hoop and design required to complete the job. You set up the machines and monitor the embroidery process to ensure a top-quality end product. You provide advice regarding the design, placement, and thread selection. You understand the digitizing process and can complete small edits and build new layouts as required.
You maintain a strong understanding of the embroidery machines and perform general maintenance to keep them working their best. You monitor supply inventory, reporting any issues and reordering stock as required and keep track of work orders and update records.
Specific experience with embroidery is NOT required, we will train the right person. Those selected for an interview will have an opportunity to see the embroidery machines in action to gain an understanding of what the position entails. We have an embroidery team with extensive experience to help provide the training and support to be successful.
· You have exceptionally high standards and take a sense of ownership and pride in everything you create.
· You have a great attention to detail and have developed skills and techniques for ensuring the accuracy of your work.
· You are very organized and able to plan, prioritize and execute multiple projects simultaneously with limited supervision.
· You are a self starter, learn quickly and are curious by nature, not afraid to use your resources to seek out answers and learn new things.
· You adapt to change, deliver under pressure, have a strong sense of urgency, and focus on timelines.
· You have excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills.
An asset, but we're willing to train the right person:
· Previous embroidery experience with industrial machines.
· Experience with embroidery digitizing software.
· This position requires a person to frequently be on their feet, standing for long periods of time. Ergonomic supports like anti-fatigue floor mats, are available. (We just want to ensure you know that these are not sewing machines you sit behind, they are industrial embroidery machines.)
· This position requires the ability to lift and move up to 20 pounds regularly throughout the shift.
· This position requires the ability to see differences between colours, shades and brightness.
This is a full time (40 hours/week) position. Most staff work Monday to Friday 8:30 – 5:00. Flexible schedule options are available, including specific hours of work or number of hours per week. Seasonal changes to specific hours of work and number of hours per week may be available with consideration to operational needs.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to Kailey Odermatt, Owner/Sales Manager at kailey@sjaPROMO.ca. We will begin reviewing resumes as they come in and will continue until we find the right candidate(s). We appreciate all interest in this position but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.